TLVs and BEIs
The information in the user-friendly, pocket-sized TLVs and BEIs book is used worldwide as a guide for evaluation and control by industrial hygienists of workplace exposures to chemical substances and physical agents in such settings as manufacturing, laboratories, healthcare facilities and custodial work.
In the book, Threshold Limit Value (TLV) occupational exposure guidelines are recommended for more than 700 chemical substances and physical agents. The book also contains more than 50 Biological Exposure Indices (BEIs) that cover more than 80 chemical substances. Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) registry numbers are listed for each chemical. Introductions to each section and appendices provide philosophical bases and practical recommendations for using TLVs and BEIs.
Guide to Occupational Exposure Values
The Guide to Occupational Exposure Values is a companion document to the ACGIH TLVs and BEIs book and serves as a readily accessible reference for comparison of the most recently published values:
- ACGIH 2017 chemical substance TLVs;
- AIHA/OARS workplace environmental exposure limits (WEELs);
- OSHA final rule permissible exposure limits (PELs);
- NIOSH recommended exposure limits (RELs);
- MAKs from the German Commission for the Investigation of Health Hazards of Chemical Compounds in the Workplace; and
- Carcinogenicity designations from ACGIH, OSHA, NIOSH, MAK, IARC, U.S. NTP, and U.S. EPA.
The Guide also includes a CAS number index.
ACGIH is now offering these companion references as a combo set, comprising both the TLVs and BEIs book and the Guide to Occupational Exposure Values.
To order, visit the ACGIH Online Publications Store and use the following information:
- TLVs and BEIs book: Product ID: 0117; ISBN: 978-1-607260-90-5; ACGIH Member price: $43.96 with free S/H; Nonmember price: $54.95 + S/H
- Guide to Occupational Exposure Values: Product ID: 0395; ISBN: 978-1-607260-91-2; ACGIH Member price: $61.56 with free S/H; Nonmember price: $76.95 + S/H
- (NEW for 2017) TLVs and BEIs book and OEV Guide Combo Set: Product ID: 2017combo; ACGIH Member price: $94.97 with free S/H; Nonmember price: $118.71 + S/H