by Brianna Crandall — October 25, 2017 — Individuals and organizations driving innovation and delivering exceptional results in facilities management in the UK stepped into the spotlight recently when the winners of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) Awards 2017 were revealed.
Now in their 17th year, the BIFM Awards celebrate the best the FM industry has to offer, honoring the outstanding contributions helping to advance the profession and industry and acting as a benchmark for excellence across the FM sector.
The BIFM Awards Web site details the best practices and technology innovations that the individuals and organizations put into place, such as a strategy for FM best practices to create a healthy workplace, software to improve meeting room allocation, touchscreen digital signage for efficient organizing, and a major move to consolidate offices in one building underpinned by an integrated strategy to reduce the cost of FM and build up the FM talent pool.
Supported by headline sponsor Carillion, accolades were awarded in 12 categories across the themes of People, Innovation and Impact.
The winners were:
Celebrating the individuals, teams and organizations that invest in their people, provide inspiring leadership, and drive improvements
Newcomer of the Year
- Winner: Conrad Dinsmore, ISS Facility Services
Leader of the Year
- Winner: Andrew Smart, Cushman & Wakefield
Manager of the Year
- Winner: Mike Gibson, Qwest Services, ENGIE
- Highly Commended: Lee Hannan, BAM FM
Team of the Year
- Winner: Carillion Services, Northwood Headquarters
- Highly Commended:
- UBS Integrated Facility Management
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Facilities Management Client Unit
- Winner: Marilyn Standley, FBIFM
Recognizing cutting-edge FM developments and the benefits they bring
Innovation in Technology and Systems
Winner: AstraZenca, Macclesfield Campus
- Highly Commended: intu in partnership with Invida, Lifecycle: out of the shadows
New Product or Service of the Year
- Winner: Rapid Washroooms Ltd, Smart Washroom Solutions
Highlighting the tangible impact outstanding FM brings to business, the environment and society
Impact on Customer Experience
- Winner: Macro, Emirates Air Line
Impact on Employee Experience
- Winner: Johnson & Johnson 2020 Workplace Experience Strategy
Impact on the Environment
- Winner: Landsec, Caring for the Environment
- Highly Commended: Khadamat, Facilities Management LLC
Impact on Organisational Performance
- Winner: UBS, Integrated Facility Management
Impact on Society
Winner: Recycling Lives
- Highly Commended: Apleona, GVA and Cherry Tree Shopping Centre, Health on the High Street.
Find out more about the best practices and technology innovations enacted by the finalists, winners and highly commended on the BIFM Awards 2017 Web site. The BIFM Awards 2018 will open for entries in January.
Founded in 1993, the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) promotes excellence in FM for the benefit of practitioners, the economy and society. BIFM supports and represents over 17,000 members around the world, both individual FM professionals and organizations, and thousands more through qualifications and training.