by Brianna Crandall — November 21, 2016 — Building on its offering of apps for intelligent environments for customers across a variety of commercial and industrial industries, Current, powered by GE has added dozens of partners in recent months, more than tripling its digital partner ecosystem since June to reach nearly 60 total.
GE’s digital energy startup continues to build momentum in the intelligent environments space, adding 40 new partners to its broad application portfolio to meet customers’ unique needs. Along with its network of partners – whose expertise ranges from hospital wayfinding to office space management to retail layout optimization – Current is helping commercial and industrial customers optimize energy use and drive operational efficiency.
John Gordon, chief digital officer, Current, powered by GE, stated:
We’re continuing to grow our partner network to offer customers a holistic portfolio as they add intelligence to infrastructure. Integrating sensors and software to energy systems, like LED lighting or onsite solar, allows companies to better understand and manage energy use while also unlocking possibilities for operational intelligence and new business outcomes. As more businesses move toward connected solutions, it is important that we work with partners to offer a range of ready-to-install applications.
Current’s partner growth expands the applications that can be integrated into Predix, GE’s open software platform built specifically for the Industrial Internet — a key differentiator for the company.
A sample of the additions to the Current intelligent environments ecosystem for various industries includes:
- Cityzenith: A data visualization and analytics platform for the built environment, Cityzenith 5D Smart World helps AEC and real estate professionals connect, visualize, analyze, and manage their Smart City, Smart Campus, and Smart Building data
- CrowdComfort: Mobile platform that crowdsources occupant and building information to improve efficiencies such as incident reporting, preventive maintenance and analytics
- iOffice: A 100% cloud-based IWMS designed to unleash the power of the workforce and the workplace
- Teem (formerly EventBoard): An app to get the most out of meeting spaces and cut down on employee frustrations that integrates with occupancy sensors and clears the current meeting room reservation if a meeting has no attendees, freeing the room for impromptu meetings
- Numerex: Provides technology and services through integrated platforms via a portfolio of managed end-to-end IoT solutions including smart devices, network connectivity and service applications.
- Optimum Energy: Software and engineering expertise help customers reduce energy use in heating and cooling systems by up to 50%
For more details on Current’s partner ecosystem, visit the company’s Web site.