by Brianna Crandall — April 28, 2017 — In business, collaboration is important, but creating the right balance between openness and privacy is a challenge, reminds Designtex, a designer and manufacturer of applied materials for the built environment.
Casper Cloaking Technology by Designtex is an architectural film for glass walls that obscures digital screens to outside view. It acts as a smart shield to ensure data privacy, while providing the peace of mind to collaborate freely in any working environment. The company calls the technology a breakthrough that will unleash space design in the networked modern world.
The Casper product offering also includes a suite of graphic patterns that provide an additional layer of subtle visual privacy. The technology can either be used on its own or combined with one of these patterns to dial in the perfect balance of privacy and openness for individual spaces. Designtex says Casper is the only cloaking technology of its kind anywhere, and it has to be seen to be believed.
- Everyday data privacy: Protect sensitive information from anyone who isn’t meant to see it. Employees, contractors, customers, guests, and, yes, even the copier repairman.
- Visual hacking: Visual hacking is on the rise. It’s easy, fast, and mostly goes unnoticed. In a recent experimental study, white hat hackers were able to capture many types of sensitive information in under 15 minutes. The incidents remained unnoticed 70 percent of the time.
How Casper works:
- Casper selectively cloaks the light transmitted by LED displays, but nothing else.
- To the viewer outside the room, everything but the content on the screens is clearly visible.
- Transparent and opaque at the same time, it balances openness and privacy in the workplace.
Casper can be applied to any clear, smooth glass on new projects or existing glass. It is recommended for conference rooms, meeting rooms and team studios. It is engineered to work with most LED displays, 40 inches or larger.
See more information and a video on the Casper Cloaking Technology information site.