by Brianna Crandall — February 12, 2018 — Research shows that reducing sitting time is associated with happier and more productive employees, and as a result employers are looking for ways to create spaces that encourage movement, vitality and health. School systems are also realizing that active learning environments can help keep students healthier as well as more focused and creative. Ergotron, a global designer and manufacturer of ergonomic digital display mounting, furniture, and mobility products, recently introduced sit-stand desk products for both these markets.
Saint Paul, Minnesota-based Ergotron brands WorkFit, LearnFit, StyleView, TeachWell, Neo-Flex, Anthro and OmniMount, for computer monitors, notebooks, tablets, flat panel displays and TVs, incorporate patented CF lift and pivot motion technology to achieve less effort and more ergonomic motion for a healthier and more interactive user experience when viewing any digital display.
WorkFit-Z Mini Sit-Stand Desktop
For office workers, Ergotron announced the launch of the WorkFit-Z Mini Sit-Stand Desktop, a compact sit-stand desk converter that makes integrating standing desks easier and more convenient in the workplace, especially when existing desks and workspaces are small.
Studies have shown that incorporating low-level physical activity throughout the day has been proven to help mitigate the risks of sedentary behavior and promote increased productivity and focus. As the workforce becomes more dynamic, connected and collaborative, business leaders are eager to create workspaces that empower employees to be active and work the way they want.
With its compact design, the WorkFit-Z Mini desktop easily converts any desk to an active workstation, accommodating a laptop or single computer monitor as well as smartphones and/or tablets, which can rest in a holder on the worksurface.
Neil Lien, senior product development manager at Ergotron, remarked:
Office real estate is expensive, and many companies are reducing square footage per employee. The WorkFit-Z Mini workstation was developed for smaller spaces, without sacrificing on functionality or design. This product demonstrates Ergotron’s continued commitment to provide product offerings that enable movement for improved engagement, performance and health, while meeting the needs of the evolving workplace.
The WorkFit-Z Mini’s compact design is big in benefits, says the company. It features a woodgrain finish and includes integrated cable management. Additional key features include:
- An ergonomic design with a comfortable keyboard tray
- 12.5″ (32 cm) of silent vertical lift with a space-saving design that stays within the perimeter of the tabletop
- Slot to display a phone or tablet for easy access to and charging of devices
- Supports up to 25 lbs. (11.4 kg)
- Easy setup provides a no-fuss installation experience that gets office workers standing sooner — no tools (or sweat) needed
- Tested and guaranteed for a full two-year warranty
The WorkFit-Z Mini Sit-Stand Desktop (33-458-917) is currently available through the Ergotron Web site in the US, online at Amazon and eBay, and through distribution resellers in the Asia-Pacific.
LearnFit SE Sit-Stand Desk
In an ongoing effort to transform the traditional classroom into an active and collaborative learning environment, Ergotron introduced the newest addition to its line of products for schools, the LearnFit SE Sit-Stand Desk. The new, cost-effective desk enables schools to provide modern sit-stand solutions at a price competitive with traditional classroom furniture.
Betsey Banker, education market manager at Ergotron, explained:
Active learning environments are becoming more popular among administrators, teachers, parents and students, but we understand this premium furniture can be an intimidating investment for budget-minded school districts. At Ergotron, we want to do whatever we can to ensure all students have the opportunity to experience the mental and physical benefits of low-level physical activity in the classroom, so we created a desk that provides the same benefits but at a lower price point than our flagship LearnFit desk. We believe this product will open the doors for more schools to create active learning spaces.
Research has indicated that today’s sedentary lifestyles are impacting the health and academic performance of students, notes Ergotron. The LearnFit SE desk is designed to provide benefits to students and teachers, at an entry-level price. The lightweight design makes it easy for students to move into different configurations to match the day’s lesson plan, and the open base offers space for fidgeting feet. Each desk is quality tested to withstand the daily activities that support personalized and active learning.
Additional product benefits include:
- Easy integration with current classroom chairs or stools for cost savings when switching to sit-stand
- 16 inches (40.6 cm) of lift adjustment that allow students to personalize the height to their comfort level
- Tablet slot that accommodates devices with or without a case
- The ability to easily roll into individual or group configurations for dynamic lesson planning
- Student-friendly features such as a backpack hook, cup holder, tablet slot and pencil tray, all integrated into the worksurface for a no-mess experience
- PrecisionHeight Technology that enables students to easily adjust the desk height for proper ergonomic head positioning, helping reduce neck strain from looking down at digital devices
- Option to add a LearnFit SE Storage Bin, a flexible storage option that frees up shared workspace and reduces clutter
- A 10-year warranty
The introduction of the LearnFit SE Sit-Stand Desk underscores Ergotron’s commitment to active learning. Ergotron works with national partners to help encourage today’s youth to lead healthier lives, and has granted hundreds of LearnFit desks to schools through these organizations.
The LearnFit SE Sit-Stand Desk will be available for sale through global distribution partners in March 2018.