by Brianna Crandall — July 24, 2017 — The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) has awarded 27 new contracts to small businesses for its Phase II Building Maintenance and Operations (BMO) Best-in-Class (BIC) strategic sourcing solution. This multiple award solution gives government agencies a more streamlined process for acquiring facilities maintenance and operations services, including electrical maintenance, janitorial, landscaping, fire alarm and suppression system maintenance, commissioning and more.
GSA’s FAS Heartland Region Commissioner and Facilities and Construction Governmentwide Category Manager Mary Ruwwe stated:
From HVAC maintenance to plumbing services, elevator inspection, and everything in between — these BMO awards provide federal agencies with a fast, flexible and reliable way to obtain best-value solutions for their complex building maintenance and operations services requirements, while also cutting administrative costs and reducing duplicative contracts. GSA’s BMO was also named a Best-in-Class solution, a designation that recognizes these contracts as “good-for-government” purchasing solutions that should be used by all agencies.
All Best-in-Class (BIC) solutions:
- Are designated BIC by a cross-agency team of experts
- Have category management practices in place
- Are well-managed and transparent
- Collect, analyze and share transactional data
- Have tools to share info and reduce duplication
- Define, track and publicize metrics
In order to promote small business participation, the BMO solution uses a zoned approach to create reasonably sized regions in which small businesses can realistically compete and operate. Phase II adds five additional zones to the BMO solution:
- Zone 2 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont (18 small business awards)
- Zone 3 – Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina (25 small business awards)
- Zone 4 – Oklahoma, Texas (24 small business awards)
- Zone 5 – California, Nevada (21 small business awards)
- Zone 6 – Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska (18 small business awards)
This solution is a multiple-award, indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity task order contract vehicle. Additional contracts will be awarded for the Phase II BMO Unrestricted soon, notes GSA.
This contract vehicle features reduced administrative costs, more accurate price comparisons, improved visibility on spending and pricing, and more flexibility with task orders. Awards were made to the highest technically rated firms offering a fair and reasonable price. The performance period for all contracts includes a five-year base with one five-year option. Commercial contract terms and conditions apply.
A total of 27 small business contracts were awarded covering the five new zones. See the list below for the awarded companies and zones.
- ACEPEX Management (Zone 4)
- Action Facilities Management, Inc. (Zones 2-6)
- B3 Enterprises LLC (Zone 3)
- Ben Fitzgerald Real Estate (Zones 2-6)
- Brown Point Management Solutions (Zones 2-6)
- Chenega Facility Management (Zones 2-6)
- Facility Services Management (Zones 2-6)
- Global Precision Systems (Zones 2-6)
- Government Contracting Resources, Inc. (Zone 3)
- Infinite ABM (Zones 2-6)
- Inspection Experts, Inc. (Zones 2-6)
- KCorp Support Services, Inc. (Zones 2-6)
- Native Energy and Technology (Zones 2-6)
- NVE, Inc. (Zones 2-6)
- Panacea Group, LLC (Zones 2-6)
- Preventative Maintenance Services Company (PMSC) (Zones 2-6)
- Raven Service Corporation (Zones 3-4)
- Raymond Pond Solutions (Zone 3)
- SDAC Facility Service LLC (Zones 2-6)
- Tidewater, Inc. (Zone 4)
- Tigua Enterprises, Inc. (Zones 2-6)
- Trademasters (Zones 2-6)
- United Facility Services Corp. (Zones 2-6)
- Urban Services Group (Zones 3-5)
- VW International, Inc. (Zones 3-5)
- Wilson 5 Service Company Inc. (Zones 2-6)
- WW Contractors, Inc. (Zones 3-5)
For more information about the Building Maintenance and Operations (BMO) Government-wide Strategic Sourcing Solution, visit the GSA Interact site. The GSA announcement offers links to each company’s Web site.