by Brianna Crandall — September 20, 2017 — The annual Innovation Visitors’ Choice Awards and overall ISSA Innovation of the Year Award presentations were held at the conclusion of the ISSA/INTERCLEAN North America 2017 Trade Show and ISSA Convention last week in Las Vegas, NV. The ISSA Innovation Showcase was the site of the awards ceremony.
Worldwide cleaning industry association ISSA’s Innovation Award Program recognizes the industry’s most innovative products and services as voted on by cleaning-industry distributors, building service contractors, in-house service providers, and residential cleaners.
The program features new products and services from top manufacturers and suppliers throughout the cleaning industry. Entries are organized into five categories: Cleaning Agents, Dispensers, Equipment, Services and Technology, and Supplies and Accessories.
The winners of the ISSA Innovation Category awards were announced September 11, during the show. Category awards are the result of online voting that took place the two months prior to the event. One winner from each category took home the illuminated trophy:
- Cleaning Agents: Stone Floor Protection System by 3M Commercial Solutions Division
- Dispensers: enMotion Flex Paper Towel System by GP PRO
- Equipment: Doodle Skate by Square Scrub
- Services and Technology: Business Intelligence Software by CleanTelligent Software
- Supplies and Accessories: Self-Cleaning Surfaces for Travel and Hospitality by NanoTouch Materials
Presented by keynote speaker Howie Mandel, entertainer and TV host, the ISSA Innovation of the Year Award was selected by combining online and on-site voting results with scores submitted by a panel of judges, consisting of industry experts, media, and ISSA member representatives:
- ISSA Innovation of the Year Award: Clorox Total 360 System by Clorox Professional Products Company
On-site voting at the ISSA Innovation Showcase enabled show attendees to view the products in person and cast votes for the Visitors’ Choice awards. Unlike the Category awards, the top five innovations win Visitors’ Choice, regardless of category. These award winners were announced September 14 and presented by Mandel.
Visitors’ Choice Awards:
- i-mop XXL by i-team Global
- Robotic Vacuum by Makita USA
- Doodle Skate by Square Scrub
- Spill Mop by Rubbermaid Commercial Products
- Clorox Total 360 System by Clorox Professional Products Company
ISSA Executive Director John Barrett congratulated this year’s winners for highlighting new trends in the cleaning industry with their “wonderful products,” and continuing to move the cleaning industry forward with their innovations.
For more information, see the Innovation Award Program explanation and videos; an infographic about the history of product trends and the awards; and the Innovation Showcase Hall of Fame listing previous years’ winners.