by Brianna Crandall — February 23, 2018 — Furniture manufacturer Nevins recently announced it has brought biophilic design to life with the launch of its Bio Canvas green walls, consisting of either hangable wall frames or mobile room dividers.
Bio Canvas is a maintenance-free way to bring the beauty and calming effects of nature into the workplace, says Nevins. The collection consists of three preserved natural materials: acoustic green moss in three shades, sustainable poplar bark, and light grey or brown stone. These natural materials are held on to the wall by an easy-to-install, two-piece, fire-resistant frame of varying size, or set in a mobile room divider (48”l x 18”d x 52”h or 48”l x 18”d x 76 “h).
The lightweight patent-pending frame design offers an easy snap-on/off system enabling the user to interchange panel inserts with ease. Each Bio Canvas frame can be arranged to your certain specifications, creating a unique work of art.
- Maintenance-free: does not require sunlight or water
- Fire-resistant frames
- Moss and bark have acoustic properties
- Moss is 100% biodegradable
- Hand-harvesting technique of the moss ensures plant renewal
- Waste-eliminating: Bio Canvas utilizes the discarded bark from poplar wood used for furniture
For more information about Bio Canvas green walls, visit the Nevins Web site.