by Brianna Crandall — April 7, 2017 — NEBB, a premier international certification association for firms that deliver high-performance building systems, announced last week that the latest edition of its publication ANSI-NEBB Technical Retro-Commissioning of Existing Buildings Standard S120-2016 is an Approved American National Standard, now available for sale in both print and electronic versions.
Technical retro-commissioning (RCx) is the process of inspecting, testing, analyzing adjusting and optimizing existing building system to meet the owner’s needs. This publication is ideal not only for those working in the RCx industry but also building owners and managers who wish to understand the minimum acceptable work that should be undertaken for a successful RCx project.
Features of the publication include:
- Required RCx Processes, Procedures, and Documentation
- Identification of Dynamisms for an RCx Process
- Technical RCx Process and Deliverables Overview
- Step-by-step Compendium of Existing Building Optimization for the Professional
- Informative Guide to Developing a Proper RCx Report
- Guide to Quick Fixes vs. Deferred Maintenance Corrections
- Analyzation of Issues · Corrective Actions Recommendations
- Performance Testing and Evaluation
- Continuous Performance Tracking
ANSI-NEBB Technical Retro-Commissioning of Existing Buildings Standard S120-2016 is available to order from the NEBB Bookstore.