by Brianna Crandall — June 23, 2017 — Rubbermaid Commercial Products (RCP) showcased its newest innovation in waste and recycling solutions, Resist, at the NeoCon contract furnishings show last week in Chicago. The customizable collection is designed to maintain a high-quality aesthetic under the most extreme outdoor conditions.
Launching later this year, Resist premium trash cans are designed for commercial outdoor environments. Available in two styles (Fan and Shield), four different receptacle sizes (23G, 33G, 45G and 2x33G) and two different shapes (round and pill), the system delivers extreme durability and increased protection against natural elements and common abuse.
Key features include:
- Advanced coatings: Advanced coating resists rust and corrosion for five years and defends from graffiti and everyday stains.
- Dent-resistant design: Proprietary fan design resists up to 500 pounds of sustained blunt force.
- Permanent rain hood: The affixed rain hood is made of thick gauge metal, protecting the container from the elements.
- Stainless steel lock and key: The stainless steel, corrosion-resistant lock keeps out unwanted visitors.
- Customization: Choose from 230+ color, finish and material options to match a variety of environments. The Shield design offers additional customization options including five perforated patterns. Additionally, RCP’s custom online design portal allows designers to easily visualize what their final customized product will look like before purchase.
Ryan Hall, director, brand marketing, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, said:
Outdoor receptacles are constantly exposed to harsh natural elements often leading to rust and corrosion, and they can also be tarnished by stains and graffiti. At Rubbermaid Commercial Products we believe trash cans not only need to last, but should complement the spaces they occupy. Our newest Resist series is crafted with a beautiful design and features advanced coatings to maintain a premium look in even the most extreme conditions.
RCP also featured its Enhance, Configure and Classics product lines during the show. The Enhance collection is a customizable premium waste system built to complement a property’s upscale décor. The Configure recycling system, launched in March 2016, is also a customizable solution available with seven waste stream labels and four lid openings to accommodate a variety of recycling needs. The Classics collection is a modern waste and recycling system featuring perforated steel designs for a clean appearance that is ideal for high-traffic areas in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Rubbermaid Commercial Products (RCP), headquartered in Huntersville, NC, is a manufacturer of innovative, solution-based products for commercial and institutional markets worldwide. Since 1968, RCP has pioneered technologies and system solutions in the categories of food services, sanitary maintenance, waste handling, material transport, and away-from-home washroom and safety products. RCP, an ISO 9001:2000 manufacturer, is part of Newell Brands’ global portfolio of leading brands.