by Brianna Crandall — March 31, 2017 — Five of professional cleaning solutions manufacturer Avmor’s most popular floorcare products now have something else to tout. They have just been certified under the UL 410 Standard, which verifies that the products help prevent slip-and-fall accidents.
The UL 410 Standard for Slip Resistance of Floor Surface Materials, from global independent safety science and standards company UL (Underwriters Laboratories), is designed to help purchasers select products that have been third-party tested to help promote walker safety.
According to Lai-Na Wong, marketing manager for Avmor, the five floorcare products recently certified are:
- Avmor’s EP80, a UL Ecologo-certified, concentrated floor sealer/finish
- EP82, a UL Ecologo-certified ultra-high speed (UHS) floor finish that provides high-gloss retention
- PREMIERE, a high-gloss floor finish designed for low to heavily trafficked areas
- DISTANCE, a UHS floor finish designed for large floor areas such as malls and airports
- LUX UHS, for managers and contractors looking for a “wet look” shine on high traffic floor such as retail environment
The company says the UL 410 certifications further prove its dedication to floor safety throughout its newly expanded sales area of North America.
“With more than 40,000 workers injured annually due to falls in Canada — and nearly 20,000 people dying each year in the U.S. due to falls — floorcare manufacturers must do what they can to help reduce these staggering numbers,” Wong says. “These new certifications show Avmor is helping accomplish this.”