by Brianna Crandall — October 6, 2017 — Global procurement intelligence advisory firm SpendEdge has announced the release of its Solid Waste Management Procurement Market Research Report. The insights and data in this report provide a strategic analysis of the supply markets, factors influencing purchasing decisions, procurement best practices, pricing models, supplier landscape, and an analysis of the supplier capability matrix for the facilities management (FM) industry. The report breaks down the data and analysis behind the procurement of solid waste management and acts as an all-inclusive guide for making smart purchasing decisions.
SpendEdge procurement research analyst Tridib Bora stated:
The growing concern toward environment and health issues associated with solid waste management have driven buyers across regions to adopt solid waste management techniques. They are increasingly adopting techniques such as composting, incineration, and sanitary landfills to reduce harmful effects.
Key report features:
- Supply Market Insights
- Procurement Best Practices
- Cost Saving Opportunities
- Pricing Models
- Negotiation Strategies
- Category Risk Analysis
- Key Supplier Analysis
- Supplier Capability Matrix
- The growth of the global solid waste management market is dependent on the constantly augmenting globalization and growth in population, as it has driven the overall volume of the solid waste generated.
- Purchasing managers must collaborate with suppliers that provide customized solid waste management solutions based on their industry-specific needs. Suppliers must be able to provide different solid waste management solutions, such as mass burn incineration or in-vessel composting depending on the type of solid waste generated across production sites.
- One of the key challenges faced by purchasing managers are the issues related to the creation of landfills. They find difficulties in terms of finding suppliers that have access to safe and authorized areas where solid waste can be dumped. Furthermore, it is difficult to verify if the landfills are properly sealed off.
Solid waste management pricing trends
Volume-based pricing is mostly preferred in the solid waste management market. It allows purchasing managers to predict the cost of waste management as suppliers will charge based upon the weight or volume of waste collected. Furthermore, it reduces management efforts, as they do not have to allocate any human resource to monitor the waste collected.
SpendEdge’s Global Solid Waste Management Category — Procurement Market Intelligence Report is available to purchase from the firm’s Web site. This report is available at a discount for a limited time only; view the report snapshot before purchasing. The firm says it also customizes reports to meet clients’ requirements. Sample reports are also available free of charge and provide insights that focus on cost-saving aspects of procurement and optimization of category spend.