by Brianna Crandall — March 6, 2017 — Since job sites are unpredictable, with environmental conditions and tasks that can vary widely from day to day, global technology innovator 3M’s Personal Safety Division has expanded its popular SecureFit Protective Eyewear line by offering more features and deeper personalization with the debut of the new 3M SecureFit Protective Eyewear 600 Series.
The new line is particularly suited to the rigors of the construction, manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries, among others.
New options with the 600 Series include:
- Scotchgard Anti-fog Coating helps provide long-lasting clarity to help the protective eyewear retain its effectiveness for at least 25 washings with water (per 3M internal testing using EN168 test method)
- Rugged anti-scratch (RAS) coating to help extend the life of the lens
- Photochromic lenses that darken when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light outdoors and lighten when removed from UV exposure indoors
- Polarized lens to reduce reflective glare; commonly used in outdoor applications
- Task-specific lens tints that help reduce glare, eye stress and fatigue in a variety of applications
- Lens options in various colors (clear, grey, amber, indoor/outdoor grey) and shades (Low IR, Shade 3.0 and Shade 5.0)
- Readers with Scotchgard Anti-fog Coating that come in a range of diopters: +1.5, +2.0 or +2.5.
Features such as 3M Pressure Diffusion Temple (PDT) Technology — allowing for a secure, comfortable fit and the ability to self-adjust to a wide array of head sizes — come standard with every piece of SecureFit eyewear. The 600 series will continue offering key features such as durable polycarbonate lenses that absorb 99.9 percent of UVA and UVB rays and meet the requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2015 Standard as an Impact Rated spectacle, an optional removable foam-lined gasket to keep debris out of the eyes while providing comfort and cushioning, and a lightweight design and stylish yet sturdy frame for a touch of individualism.
The clear lens, clear lens with a foam gasket, and grey lens products from the SecureFit 600 series are available now, with the entire series set to release in May 2017. To learn more about the new 3M SecureFit Protective Eyewear 600 Series, visit the company’s Web site.