by Brianna Crandall — February 9, 2018 — Global academic, consumer and business product provider ACCO Brands Corporation has announced its new line of innovative Swingline SmarTech Shredders, which feature SmarTech technology paired with a SmarTech app that allows users to receive real-time notifications and alerts about their shredding jobs.
This new line of Stack-and-Shred Auto Feed Shredders launched in January is touted as comprising the first smart shredders in the US market. SmarTech Shredders are designed to improve the shredding experience by allowing users to get real-time notifications through the SmarTech app, giving peace of mind that the user will always know when the shredding job is complete or if it was interrupted for any reason.
Users or managers can also manage multiple shredders at one time to see if the shredders are low on oil and if the bins are full.
How does it work?
- The tablet or smartphone connects to the shredder nearby, via Bluetooth. (This way, the shredder knows who is shredding.)
- The shredder starts shredding. The shredder also starts telling the ACCO Brands cloud what it is doing over the wireless network.
- The ACCO Brands cloud sends a notification to the user’s app over the Internet. (The user doesn’t need to be within range of the shredder; they can get an alert anywhere they have Internet access.)
Key benefits include:
- No more manually feeding the shredder
- No more checking, waiting or guessing on your shred job
- Instant knowledge if there is an issue with the shredder
- Peace of mind knowing the job is done
- Easy to set up and use — no IT support needed
- Manage multiple shredders at once without manually checking each one
- Never run out of supplies with the ability to order supplies through the app
SmarTech Shredders are in various consumer catalogs for 2018 and can be purchased now through shop.swingline.com and Amazon. Stack-and-Shred models 300X, 600X and 750X are available with the new SmarTech technology.
ACCO Brands Corporation brands include Artline, AT-A-GLANCE, Derwent, Esselte, Five Star, GBC, Hilroy, Kensington, Leitz, Mead, Quartet, Rapid, Rexel, Swingline, Tilibra, Wilson Jones and many others, with products sold in more than 100 countries around the world.