by Brianna Crandall — March 2, 2018 — ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI), part of global building technology society ASHRAE, has added three new HVAC systems courses to the 23 offerings in its 2018 online instructor-led course schedule.
The course Latest in High-Performance Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS) , taking place on March 20, covers the latest in DOAS application, design, and control for this very popular means to providing ventilation for a building, particular for low-energy, max-tech and zero-energy buildings. This course supplements material presented in the ASHRAE Design Guide for Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS).
Save 30% while Complying with ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2013, to be held on May 8, provides guidance on the use of ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1, which is used by many state and local jurisdictions. Key updates for each of the major building systems are presented, including the HVAC system, lighting system, building envelope, service water heating, and power.
The course Understanding and Designing Chilled-Beam Systems, to be held on May 15 and November 8, provides a review of HVAC systems fundamentals as they relate to chilled-beam system design and how to properly identify and control equipment and components that optimize design. Chilled-beam systems save on cooling and transport energy by decoupling most or all of the space-sensible loads from the air-distribution system and removing them with water, a more efficient heat transfer medium in some applications, notes ASHRAE.
Through the instructor-led online courses, industry experts present three-hour sessions on such other HVAC&R topics areas as commissioning, energy efficiency, HVAC applications and specialized HVAC environments. Participants will receive access to a recorded version of the courses for which they are registered for continuing reference.
To register, visit the ALI Online Instructor-Led Courses page.
The full 2018 course schedule is as follows:
- April 23 and April 30 — Commissioning Process in New & Existing Buildings — Two-Part Course
- March 22 — IT Equipment Design Evolution and Data Center Operation Optimization
- April 5 — Designing Toward Net-Zero Energy Commercial Buildings
- July 9 — Building Demand Response and the Coming Smart Grid
- August 21 — Humidity Control I: Design Tips and Traps
- August 28 — Humidity Control II: Real-World Problems and Solutions
- October 2, October 4 — Energy Modeling Best Practices and Applications — Two-Part Course
- March 20 — Latest in High-Performance Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS)
- April 10 — Air-to-Air Energy Recovery Applications: Best Practices
- May 15, November 8 — Understanding and Designing Chilled-Beam Systems
- June 12 — Design of Affordable and Efficient Ground Source Heat Pump Systems
- June 18, June 19 — Optimizing Indoor Environment: Increasing Building Value — Two-Part Course
- July 18, November 28 — Variable Refrigerant Flow System: Design and Applications
- September 18 — Designing and Operating High-Performing Healthcare HVAC Systems
- October 29 — High-Performance Building Design: Applications and Future Trends
- November 28 — Variable Refrigerant Flow System: Design and Applications
Standards and Guidelines
- May 8, November 6 — Save 30% while Complying with ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- May 10 — Complying with ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2016: Appendix G
- May 23 — Fundamental and Application of ASHRAE Standard 55
- September 12 — Successfully Managing the Risk of Legionellosis Using ASHRAE Standard 188-2015
- December 18 — Fundamental Requirements of Standard 62.1-2013