by Brianna Crandall — August 12, 2019 — ASIS International, the worldwide membership organization for security management professionals, recently announced the recipients of its 2019 Innovative Product Awards (IPA) for Global Security Exchange (GSX) 2019, to be held September 8-12 in Chicago.
The ASIS IPA competition, formerly known as Accolades, recognizes the security industry’s newest, most innovative products, services and technology solutions. These peer-distinguished solutions address critical industry trends and reflect the best of the innovation shaping the security industry, says ASIS.
The program saw a 17% growth in entrants over last year, receiving 35 product submissions from across the globe in this year’s competition. Product entries had to represent a technology that was introduced within the last year. A group of judges comprised of end users and experts in security technology selected the top winners based on level of innovation, unique attributes and the benefit the product or service brings to the security industry.
Ronald Lander, CPP, chief specialist, Ultrasafe Security Solutions, and co-chair, ASIS IPA Committee, remarked:
Developing a new security solution or service can be a difficult challenge, and as such we are excited to highlight the dedication, expertise, and sheer hard work of our deserving winners. This year’s competition was the closest in the eleven-year history of this competition, with contributions from several new security sectors. We congratulate all honorees and look forward to showcasing each winning solution at GSX this year.
ASIS congratulates the 2019 IPA Winners:
- JUDGE’S CHOICE: Ouster — OS-1-64 Lidar and Object Tracking achieves 360° superior vision, 24/7 night vision, and reliability in challenging weather conditions. With object-tracking software, the system builds precise 3D renderings of surroundings, identifies and tracks objects, and predicts threats before they happen.
- Compliant Technologies — The Force Multiplier Generated Low Output Voltage Emitter (G.L.O.V.E) quickly transforms into a conducted electrical weapon (CEW, like a stun gun or Taser) to supplement existing intermediate tools within law enforcement, corrections, security, emergency medical services and the military.
- IP Video Corporation — The ViewScan passive walkthrough concealed weapons detection system does not require pat-downs as it displays threat images of the exact location on a body and stores images.
- Orion Entrance Control — The Orion Secure DoorGuard is a high-accuracy tailgate detection system that uses disruptive, solid-state LiDAR technology to accurately determine when there’s an attempt to gain invalid entry through a secured access point.
- Sternum — The EIV (Embedded Integrity Verification) solution offers a holistic and highly scalable solution that enables Internet of Things (IoT) manufacturers to secure devices from end to end.
- Sure-Fi — The Serial Data Bridge provides a solution to the problem of wiring access points to controllers in any situation. Utilizing the proprietary Sure-Fi 900 MHz Radio Module, users can connect any access point without running wire.
All award winners will be on display in the GSX 2019 expo hall. Attendees are encouraged to visit company booths to see and demo the products in person. In addition, IPA winners will be showcased on Wednesday, September 11 from 3:30 p.m to 4:30 p.m. (CST) on the X2 Stage (Booth #3601), where attendees can hear from the inventors behind the latest technology.