by Brianna Crandall — January 7, 2019 — A significant event in the health-care facilities management (FM) sector has come early in 2019 with the formation of the Association of Medical Facility Professionals (AMFP). The nonprofit was formed by directors and leaders formerly associated with the Health Care Institute (HCI), which was an IFMA Alliance Partner. AMFP is operating as an independent organization, with no relationship to IFMA.
AMFP’s mission is to serve the needs of the health-care built environment.
Besides national activities, which include its partnership with the Healthcare Design Expo and Conference coming up in November, AMFP has regional chapters in place to serve Central Florida, Chicago, North Texas, Southern California, and Upper Midwest, and expects more to launch soon. Chapters have already begun to plan programs in their regions.
Mike Wood, national director of Construction for Medxcel and president of AMFP, remarked:
We’ve seen our regional leaders develop strong educational content and foster knowledge exchange among professionals among neighboring health systems that previously had not communicated with one another. We are ready to see where this amazing growth will take our industry next.
Initial AMFP national leadership is comprised of:
- President: Mike Wood, national director of Construction, Medxcel
- Vice president: Walt Vernon, IFHE executive committee member, CEO for Mazzetti
- Secretary/treasurer: Glenn Fischer, executive vice president, Corporate Realty, Design and Management Institute
Initial AMFP chapter leadership is comprised of:
- AMFP Chicago: Jennifer Patton, Krusinski Construction
- AMFP North Texas: Rod Armstrong, The Mohawk Group
- AMFP Central Florida: Rania Sadrack, TLC Engineering
- AMFP Southern California: Bill Foulkes, Cumming
- AMFP Upper Midwest: Troy Stutz, RJM Construction
AMFP is automatically enrolling HCI members at no cost as an AMFP member for whatever time is left on their current HCI membership.
For more information, visit the newly launched Association of Medical Facility Professionals (AMFP) website.