by Brianna Crandall — April 8, 2019 — The iF Design Award winners for 2019 were announced recently at a gala award ceremony in Munich, Germany. Recognized as a symbol of design excellence around the world for 66 years, the iF Design Awards celebrate excellence for consumer and commercial products, including lighting, office furniture, technology, architecture and more.
A total of 6,375 entries from 50 countries were registered for the competition in the following disciplines:
- Product Design
- Communication Design
- Packaging Design
- Service Design / UX
- Interior Architecture
- Professional Concept
A full 67 design experts from all over the world spent three days discussing, checking and testing 6,375 entries from 52 countries before honoring 66 of them with iF Gold awards.
A few highlights of the commercial products honored are listed below.
- LG Sensor Connect app, which digitizes a building’s lighting system, enabling wireless communication with lights and switches, with a built-in motion sensor
- Toshiba Touch Screen Controller, which can monitor and control up to 128 air conditioners in small to medium-sized buildings, with intuitive controls for untrained users
- Highly versatile Nova LED task light by Humanscale, which offers glare-free light and optimal stability and positioning, with occupancy sensors
- Fully portable, cable-free Parrot floor lamp from Tobias Grau, with a powerful integrated battery and innovative charging stone
- Flip pivoting digital whiteboard from Samsung Electronics, which helps users perform various office tasks with a simplified, integrated interface that can be shared via email
- Ahrend Loungescape Powernap by Koninklijke Ahrend B.V., a half-open acoustic lounger that provides enough privacy for a power nap to increase productivity, with easy-to-clean, hygienic fabrics, vibrating mattress and soothing music
- WALS portable office partitions by Shea+Latone for UNION Design, which not only provide visual privacy in larger open concept spaces, but also control noisy spaces using patented core technology, with prominent wheels attached close to alleviate common tripping hazards
All awarded entries from 2019 and previous years, along with product photos and descriptions, are featured in the iF World Design Guide and in the iF design app, and are displayed at the iF design exhibition Hamburg.
For more FM-specific information on Humanscale’s product offerings, see the company’s FMLink page.