by Brianna Crandall — January 10, 2018 — Modular floor tiles manufacturer Interface recently announced the availability of its new luxury vinyl tile (LVT) collection, Studio Set, providing customers with a greater variety of sophisticated neutral and bright colors, which the company notes have been shown to boost creativity, collaboration and mental stimulation in K-12 and higher education environments.
According to the International Association of Color Consultants – North America (IACC-NA), appropriate color design “is important in creating surroundings that are conducive to studying and in promoting physical and mental health.” In addition, research from the International Center for Leadership in Education found that specific colors combined with patterns influence the behavior and performance of learners.
Lead product designer Kari Pei explained:
The science behind the psychology of colors has proven that flooring design has a unique influence on creativity, concentration and the ability to multi-task in a variety of learning environments. Recognizing this, we developed Studio Set to provide our customers with a more versatile palette, allowing them to create stronger, more productive and collaborative atmospheres.
Interface’s Studio Set introduces 13 new color options and, as with all of Interface’s LVT floor tiles offerings, features the following design and performance attributes:
- Designed to match Interface’s Skinny Planks, coming together with a precise fit, allowing customers to pair hard and soft products together;
- Engineered to compatible height with Interface’s carpet tiles, providing the ability to effortlessly move from hard to soft flooring without transition strips;
- Created with Sound Choice proprietary backing (and certified by Quiet Mark) to meet acoustical sound requirements for reducing vertical sound transfer – ideal for K-12, higher education and other learning environments;
- Constructed with materials and recycling in mind, including a commitment to deliver Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) for all hard flooring products;
- Recyclable through Interface’s ReEntry program; and
- Backed by Interface’s 15-year commercial warranty.
To learn more about the Studio Set collection of floor tiles, visit the Interface Web site.