by Brianna Crandall — November 27, 2019 — At the ISSA Show North America 2019 cleaning industry show in Las Vegas last week, winners of the ISSA Innovation Award Program category awards, honorable mention recipients, and the 2019 ISSA Innovation of the Year were announced.
The 2019 ISSA Innovation Award Program included 42 of the cleaning industry’s most innovative products and services in five categories: Cleaning Agents, Dispensers, Equipment, Services and Technology, and Supplies & Accessories. The program celebrated its 10th anniversary this year and featured three-and-a-half months of online voting. Attendees could see the entries from top manufacturers and suppliers firsthand at the ISSA Innovation Showcase during ISSA Show North America.
The winner of the 2019 ISSA Innovation of the Year Award and the honorable mentions were selected by combining the results of online voting from industry professionals with evaluations from a panel of industry-expert judges. Cleaning-industry professionals voted online to determine the five category winners.
2019 ISSA Innovation of the Year Award
Touted as the first and only Green Seal-certified ice-melt on the market, Entry is designed to be safer for floors, pets, plants, concrete, and metals, and to protect local streams from the overuse of harmful chloride de-icers.
ISSA Executive Director John Barrett commented:
Congratulations to Secure Winter Products for taking home the top spot in a crowded field of compelling innovations. As the worldwide cleaning association, ISSA is proud to recognize Secure Winter Products, the honorable mention recipients and the five category award winners, and all of the entrants for truly embracing ISSA’s mission to change the way the world views cleaning with their amazing advancements.
2019 Honorable Mention Recipients
Five honorable mention entries also were recognized during the Innovation of the Year ceremony. The five products are:
- Bona Resilient Floor Renovation by Bona US
- GP PRO Pacific Blue Ultra, 100% Use, High Capacity Coreless Toilet Paper System by GP PRO (Georgia-Pacific)
- AutoVac Stretch by Kaivac Inc.
- Hoover Commercial MPWR 40V Cordless System by TTI Floor Care
- Vectair P-Screen 60 Day Triple Action Urinal Screen by Vectair Systems Inc.
2019 Category Winners
Additionally, winners of the ISSA Innovation Award Program category awards were announced Monday during the ISSA Spotlight Speaker session with Marvelless Mark Kamp, sponsored by Tork, an Essity brand. The five category winners are:
- Cleaning Agents: Foam Soap by SC Johnson Professional
- Dispensers: foamyiQ by Spartan Chemical Co. Inc.
- Equipment: Whiz by SoftBank Robotics
- Services and Technology: OptiSolve Surface Imaging Technology by OptiSolve, a Division of Charlotte Products
- Supplies and Accessories: Entry by Secure Winter Products
All of the entries in the 2019 ISSA Innovation Award Program, with product photos and details, are available to view on the ISSA website.