by Brianna Crandall — July 10, 2020 — Quanergy Systems, a Silicon Valley-based provider of LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) sensors and smart perception solutions, has announced what it says is the first commercial integration of three-dimensional (3D) artificial intelligence (AI)-powered LiDAR solutions with the Genetec Security Center unified security platform. The integrated security system will provide advanced people flow and occupancy management in smart spaces (including for social distancing purposes) as well as enhanced threat detection and surveillance in high-security environments.
LiDAR is defined as a method for measuring distances by sending a laser light to an object and measuring the reflection with a sensor. It can be used to make digital 3D representations of the object.
Quanergy’s high-performance AI-powered 3D LiDAR solution will be integrated to the Genetec unified security platform, allowing its use in multiple specialized Security Center modules including Restricted Security Area, Passenger Flow Analytics, and Occupancy Management package to help automate security, people counting and social distancing applications.
Adding Quanergy’s 3D LiDAR and sensor data flow to Genetec Security Center provides increased real-time accuracy for a clearer read on actual footfall traffic, occupancy and proximity in a wide variety of industrial applications from transit systems, airports and industrial facilities to public-facing businesses including banking and retail, says Quanergy.
Enzo Signore, CMO at Quanergy, stated:
Quanergy’s LiDAR flow management solutions bring a new level of real-time 3D insights that make them ideal for any environment where high accuracy and operational intelligence are critical. Our tight integration with the Genetec Security Center unified platform enables a unique level of automation of many applications across retail, critical infrastructure, airport, seaport, enterprise, and smart cities.
Quanergy’s AI-powered LiDAR solution is engineered to accurately and reliably monitor wide areas in real time in a variety of environments without compromising people’s privacy.
According to Quanergy, the new integrated 3D LiDAR-based solutions will provide:
- 98%+ detection accuracy: Quanergy’s QORTEX People Counter accurately detects the number and direction of people, entering in and out of common areas. This can also be used to detect tailgating and increase the security of critical areas. QORTEX People Counter accuracy is significantly higher than camera-based system.
- Dramatic reduction in false alarms: Quanergy’s QORTEX DTC solution significantly reduces false alarms typical of camera-based systems due to its advanced object detection, tracking, and classification capabilities.
- 5X – 20X lower TCO (total cost of ownership) than camera-based systems due to very wide coverage (360 degree) and long range (40-70m). A single sensor can cover the area upwards of 8000m2. This broad area coverage also reduces installation and cabling costs.
- Rich 3D, real-time data: Quanergy’s flow management solutions provide accurate centimeter level information about the number of objects, their spatial location, direction, and speed. Quanergy solutions also can detect distance between people to accurately monitor and manage social distancing policies.
- Privacy protection without compromising or storing private personal information. The LiDAR solutions do not use facial recognition technology nor require opt-in by users; they therefore guarantee the anonymity of people and pose zero PII risk.
- Reliable and scalable: Works in all lighting and atmospheric conditions so security systems can effectively operate 24/7.
The integrated security system solutions are available and can be ordered immediately.
For more information, visit the Quanergy Systems website.