by Brianna Crandall — July 25, 2018 — The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International, the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), BOMI International: Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education, the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and 25 other real estate industry organizations representing more than 10 million jobs announced a groundbreaking collaboration on July 12 to highlight the diverse career paths within the real estate sector.
The first initiative of this collaboration is a new website entitled Careers Building Communities, which allows visitors to navigate through the scores of career paths across all sectors of real estate. For the first time, students in high school, college, technical programs and community colleges can explore possible career pathways within real estate by taking an interactive quiz and discover career opportunities. Maintaining a strong pipeline of new talent is seen as vital to the continued health of the commercial real estate industry.
As the industry seeks to fill millions of jobs, this site serves as an all-inclusive resource for students, educators, career changers and other stakeholders to explore the unlimited opportunities in the field of real estate, say the organizations.
The Careers Building Communities 29 collaborating organizations are:
- American Institute of Architects
- American Resort Development Association
- American Society of Interior Designers
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- The Appraisal Institute
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
- Associated General Contractors
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate
- BOMI International: Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International
- CCIM Institute
- Construction Management Association of America
- Construction Specifications Institute
- CoreNet Global
- Counselors of Real Estate
- CREW Network
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- International Facility Management Association
- International Interior Design Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- National Apartment Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- National Multifamily Housing Council
- The Real Estate Roundtable
- REALTORS Land Institute
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- Urban Land Institute Worldwide
Learn more about Careers Building Communities and available resources on the new organization’s website.