by Brianna Crandall — May 29, 2020 — Cleanup and restoration provider SERVPRO and its network of more than 1,800 franchises across the US have just launched Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, a robust deep cleaning program designed to help the country safely get back to work, back to school, and back to life’s daily activities.
SERVPRO says the COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean. A recent national survey cited by the company showed 89% of consumers are apprehensive about going back to brick-and-mortar establishments; 40% of those cite business cleanliness as a top reason for concern.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is described as a comprehensive deep cleaning program that goes far beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning, built from more than 50 years of cleaning industry experience to address viral pathogens like the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
The program was reportedly created from protocols and practices suggested by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) using Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered professional cleaning and disinfecting products.
SERVPRO Chief Marketing Officer Mike Stahl remarked:
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner to help reopen your doors. You want a partner who has developed industry-leading training programs, proprietary cleaning solutions and products, and proven remediation processes over decades. Our expertise is born out of cleaning up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects the unique experiences and capabilities of America’s #1 cleanup and restoration brand.
SERVPRO says its professionals have been on the frontlines of proactive and reactive COVID-related biohazard cleanup, from working to clean and disinfect a nursing home in Kirkland, Washington, to being selected to disinfect the US coronavirus quarantine sites, to performing cleaning in major international airports such as LaGuardia and John F. Kennedy International in New York.
The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned process is grounded in three “Cs”:
- Consult — A SERVPRO representative will develop a tailored cleaning program to meet your needs.
- Clean — SERVPRO will deliver both proactive and COVID-19 emergency response cleaning.
- Certify — SERVPRO will certify that your business has been cleaned and sanitized for your employees and customers.
Being open for business is just the beginning of the journey forward. Your employees and your teammates may be hesitant to return to work, and your customers may wonder whether the businesses they patronize are safe. Whether your business works from an office building, restaurant, retail space, event center, school, daycare, or any other location, our experts will design a plan to help ensure it’s clean and sanitized to a higher standard.
SERVPRO says that safety is always a top priority — franchise crews have extensive training on the proper use of disinfectants and personal protective equipment, and the proper procedures to give your employees and customers peace of mind.
According to the company, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned offers several benefits:
- Custom cleaning plans — from proactive cleaning programs to suspected/confirmed COVID-19 deep cleaning based on your business type, square footage, high-frequency touch points, foot traffic, congestion areas, public spaces, and more
- Visual reaffirmations to customers and employees — the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal ensures them the space has been cleaned
- High standard of cleaning
- Clean bacteria and other microbes
- Sanitize soft and porous surfaces
- Disinfect hard and high-touch surfaces
- Transparent, fair pricing
- After being cleaned — guest-accessible hygiene products, signage
- Technology — digital emblems to share on your website and social media
“To help make community possible again,” Stahl urges businesses to let the SERVPRO cleaning experts “handle the clean while you focus on your business.”
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA-approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated. For more information, visit the company’s website.
Founded in 1967, SERVPRO provides fire and water cleanup and restoration services, mold mitigation, and biohazard remediation. SERVPRO’s professional services network responds to property damage emergencies ranging from small individual disasters to multimillion-dollar large-loss events throughout the United States and Canada.