by Brianna Crandall — July 9, 2018 — Teknion Corporation, an international designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative workplace interiors, recently announced that two of its new products won three awards at the NeoCon commercial design show in Chicago. Cerebro, a new workplace technology concept, received an Innovation Award in the Technology-Integrated Solutions category of the Best of NeoCon Awards (see previous FMLink article covering Cerebro) . Highlighted below, Teknion’s tn Storage & Accessories Collection designed by Toan Nguyen was awarded a Best of NeoCon Silver in the Office Accessories category. tn was also named Winner of the Accessories category in the HiP Awards sponsored by Interior Design magazine. Other product introductions are listed as well.
tn Storage & Accessories Collection
tn Storage & Accessories addresses new needs for personal storage and organization in the modern workstation. The need for storage within the workstation has changed over the past decade as the type of storage has shifted from paper filing to personal items and casual use. The traditional pedestal or lateral filing cabinet has become a place for personal items and open organization. tn is a series of universal desktop accessories and freestanding storage items that addresses these new needs for storage and organization in today’s workstation. The collection provides new and unique ways to solve a common, everyday problem.
With its universal aesthetic, tn visually — and functionally — integrates with other pieces within the line. Its unique construction enables personalization through the choice of primary and secondary paint finishes on the collection’s interior and exterior faces. tn also offers a choice of material inlays to cushion the contents.
tn Storage Collection
The storage collection comprises a Desktop Optimizer, Mini Bag Drop and Bag Drop. They provide a high degree of customization, balancing open and enclosed volumes.
The Desktop Optimizer offers on-worksurface storage and casual space division. It features a top surface with multiple material inlay options, and a hinged-door-enclosed volume with optional USB power. Either an integrated paper shelf or a pull-out bin, alongside additional tn accessories, can be specified to further customize the unit. The Mini Bag Drop and Bag Drop offer casual mobile storage of personal items and work bags below the worksurface. They feature an upper shelf for small items, where optional tn accessory combinations can be paired to further customize the unit.
Inlay options include felt, laminate and metal.
Modular sizing of the multi-component line of work accessories encourages mixing and matching to formulate various combinations. tn accessories are designed to be used on their own or in conjunction with the storage collection, enabling users to customize their storage. Accessories include a small tray, long dish, tall dish, pencil tray and pen cup.
A Rail Shelf integrates with standard accessory rail, and allows the smaller accessory pieces to sit on the shelf to offer different tiers of organization. It also acts as a modifier on the Desktop Optimizer, Mini Bag Drop or Bag Drop from the storage collection, offering an alternate tier to organize the smaller accessories.
Additional product introductions
In addition to Cerebro and the tn Storage & Accessories Collection, Teknion also featured the following new products at NeoCon:
- Banqs collection of sofas with screens, tables and accessories designed by PearsonLloyd: banquettes and linear booths for public and corporate applications, satisfying meeting, social and casual work needs in freestanding spaces or along perimeter walls, and thereby maximizing space optimization
- Punt furnishings: as part of a new partnership with Spanish furniture company Punt Mobles, the new Teknion Punt Collection for North America includes Literatura Open Shelf System designed by Vicent Martinez, Mava Wood Guest Chair by Stephanie Jasny, and the Mitis Table and Stockholm Credenza, both by Mario Ruiz — a classic mid-century collection appropriate for private offices and meeting spaces where a warm, residential and sophisticated ambience is desired
- Tabletop Screens: engineered using smart 3D knitting technology, a simple, freestanding screen that can be quickly and easily moved around a workspace by the user to adjust levels of privacy, with a simple weighted base and lightweight fabric panel
- Infinity Screens: slim and lightweight, straight or curved privacy screens for today’s open, collaborative environments
- Enhancements to the upStage workplace furniture system: new, lightweight, open storage formats; integrated height-adjustability; Side Filers; new frameless upholstered screen formats; softer curvilinear worksurfaces; and new shared open worksurface supports
- Gus* Modern furnishings: as part of an alliance with Toronto-based Gus* Design Group, Teknion displayed several Gus* Modern pieces — contemporary residential furnishings suited to contract settings, with upholstered seating, accents and accessories, including rocking chairs, sofas, chairs and tables
For more information about the new products as well as new introductions and awards from Studio TK and Luum, visit Teknion’s NeoCon Happenings page.
For more FM-specific information on Teknion’s product offerings, see the company’s FMLink ad.