by Brianna Crandall — November 20, 2019 — The TempMaster brand of global multi-industry technology provider Johnson Controls has launched a series of new rooftop units engineered to provide superior, economical comfort cooling in the 15-27.5-ton range.
The new TempMaster Omni Choice rooftop units are designed to exceed Department of Energy (DOE) 2018 guidelines by up to 25% and surpass future DOE 2023 part-load standards by nearly 10%. Units are Smart Equipment-enabled with a prepackaged controls platform to maximize control, extend equipment life and further improve efficiency.
Ron Sevart, executive director of Commercial Sales and Channel Optimization, Johnson Controls, remarked:
TempMaster Omni Choice rooftop units are engineered to provide superior performance in the 15-27.5 tonnage range, offering the sustainability and maximized occupant comfort our customers are looking for at an economical price point. Cost savings are further maximized through an intelligent design that lowers installation costs, and high-efficiency performance that lowers operating expenses over the lifetime of the unit.
Omni Choice rooftop units feature an optional four-stage IntelliSpeed fan control, which allows the units to deliver 15% higher IEER ratings than some competitive high-efficiency units. Additional airflow strategies, including constant volume (CV), variable air volume (VAV) and continuous reset single zone (CRSZ) provide greater system design flexibility to meet the demands of diverse applications.
Additional features include:
- A wide range of gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with a 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity
- Multiple outdoor air options, including both factory- and field-installed versions of low-leak damper economizers, constant volume powered exhaust and modulating powered exhaust
- A footprint designed to replace approximately 70% of the competitive installed base without the need for costly transition curbs, serving both the new construction and replacement market
- A lightweight design that is up to 33% lighter than existing TempMaster models and up to 22% lighter than competing products
- Seamless integration with leading building controls systems, including Verasys; an optional Mobile Access Portal (MAP) gateway with Wi-Fi hotspot provides access to commissioning, configuration and maintenance logs using a mobile smart device
Choice units are designed, engineered and assembled in the state-of-the-art Johnson Controls Rooftop Center for Excellence in Norman, Oklahoma. The systems are supported with factory-backed warranties, including a standard one-year parts warranty, five-year compressor and electric heat limited warranties, a 10-year aluminized heat exchanger limited warranty, and a 15-year stainless steel heat exchanger limited warranty to provide customers with greater peace of mind.
For more information about the TempMaster Omni Choice rooftop units, visit the TempMaster website. Johnson Controls Building Technologies and Solutions brands for security, energy management, fire protection and HVACR include Tyco, YORK, Metasys, Ruskin, Titus, Frick, PENN, Sabroe, Simplex and Grinnell.