by Brianna Crandall — April 25, 2018 — Tork, Essity’s professional hygiene solutions global brand of Away-from-Home professional hygiene products, recently launched its new Tork Coreless High Capacity Bath Tissue Dispensing System in North America. Not long before that, Tork also launched a continuous hand towel system for high-traffic restrooms. The products are expected to reduce restroom waste and bring down maintenance costs.
Tork Coreless High Capacity Bath Tissue Dispensing System
Designed with end-customers’ needs in mind, the Tork coreless system is touted as an efficient washroom solution, reducing waste and maintenance expenses while improving guest experience.
Tork notes that customers expect the brand to help meet the needs of modern office buildings — from controlling costs to creating the best tenant and patron experiences possible, and says the new coreless solution gives owners and operators enhanced options for reducing waste and improving maintenance efficiencies.
Reducing waste and improving washroom efficiency
Tork strives to provide washroom solutions specifically tailored for its end-customers to increase efficiency. The result is a system that combines a compact space-saving roll with high-quality, soft, EPA-compliant tissue to ensure high functionality.
The new packaging reduces storage space requirements, providing customers with up to two times more capacity per cubic foot compared to conventional bath tissue. Tork has removed 95 percent of the packaging waste used in traditional bath tissue products by eliminating the corrugated packaging, traditional cores and inner wrappers. Each EPA-compliant roll can last up to three times longer between service intervals compared to conventional tissue, saving staff time and labor.
New Tork Coreless High Capacity Bath Tissue dispensers are said to be well-suited for washrooms with limited space. Two coreless high-capacity rolls equal up to five conventional bath tissue rolls. The dispenser is reportedly easy to use and meets ADA requirements for bath tissue. The company says it is a great choice for medium/high-traffic washrooms where guest expectations are high and where efficiency and cost are equally important.
According to Tork, stub roll waste is now practically eliminated thanks to the locking mechanism that protects the reserve roll from being accessed until the first roll is completely used. A translucent cover makes it easy to see when a refill is required, reducing time and complexity involved in maintaining the system.
To learn more about Tork Coreless High Capacity Bath Tissue Rolls and Dispensers or to sign up for a free trial, visit the Tork website.
Tork PeakServe Continuous Hand Towel System
Tork previously launched the Tork PeakServe Continuous Hand Towel System. This so-called “revolutionary” dispensing system features hand towels that have been compressed by 50 percent, delivering an unusually high capacity, with a unique way of dispensing towels fast and without interruption, to serve high-traffic restrooms. The solution is designed to improve both end-user and cleaning staff experiences.
This will allow facilities managers (FMs) at crowded venues such as conference centers, airports, concert arenas or stadiums to serve up to 600 more guests, with each dispenser, between refills, says Tork. Since research cited by Tork shows that dirty, overcrowded restrooms are the primary concern for guests at busy venues — more than long lines and heavy traffic — and 70% of guests have had a bad restroom experience, FMs must take action, advises the company.
Tork reminds FMs of the direct impact restrooms can have on the guest experience, including the “devastating effect on a venue’s business” if guests limit how much they eat and drink to avoid going to the restroom, which appears to be a common occurrence.
To create a positive restroom experience without adding strain on cleaning staff, Tork PeakServe combines features that effectively prepare high-traffic restrooms to handle large crowds, and allows cleaning staff to focus on pressing needs:
- Easy, flexible refilling — Dispenser refill flexibility allows cleaners to tackle the task when it suits them, and to save time by not having to check refill levels frequently. Continuous towel technology connects the top and bottom of each compressed towel bundle, allowing them to dispense continuously, serving crowds without interruption, tabbing or jamming, which puts dispensers out of play.
- High capacity — A single dispenser holds up to 2,100 towels or 1,500 feet of toweling, which Tork claims is 25% more than any other towel system on the market today. By serving up to 600 more guests between refills than traditional dispensers, it gives staff peace of mind to focus on important cleaning tasks, without fear of product runout.
- Increased efficiency — Compressed hand towels allow cleaning staff can carry double the load, reducing time spent traversing back and forth to stock distant restrooms.
- Improves visitor experience — Innovative interlocking towels create a continuous flow of toweling, which generates smooth, one-at-a-time dispensing that ensures guests can dry hands fast without being held up in the restroom.
- Prevents issues before they arise —Tork PeakServe is fully compatible with Tork EasyCube Intelligent Facility Cleaning, a cleaning management software system that utilizes connected dispensers to provide real-time, actionable data to improve cleaning efficiency and customer satisfaction.
With PeakServe, Tork says FMs no longer have to choose between roll towels that provide high capacity and folded towels that can be refilled flexibly when selecting a hand-drying solution, but can now have the best of both worlds.
To learn more about Tork PeakServe, visit the Tork website.