by Brianna Crandall — March 13, 2017 — Bona U.S., the U.S. subsidiary of the Sweden-based worldwide provider of hardwood floor care and maintenance BonaAB, now offers a new line of floor care and maintenance products developed specifically for the unique needs of cleaning professionals, the Bona Commercial System. Leveraging almost a century of hardwood floor cleaning and innovation, the new Bona Commercial System brings the best of Bona to cleaning professionals across the United States.
From residential spaces to office buildings, cleaning professionals now have the power of Bona to keep hardwood floors looking beautiful. Often, hardwood floors present a challenge when cleaning large spaces, points out Bona; all-purpose cleaners are too harsh, yet gentler solutions either leave a residue behind (impacting the appearance and slip resistance of the floor) or are not powerful enough on dirt and grime.
The new Bona Commercial System is said to have the perfect balance of efficacy and ease while helping extend the lifetime of hardwood floors, whether in-house at one building or for clients across numerous and varied facilities.
The new Bona Commercial System product line delivers beautiful, residue-free, safe cleaning solutions for hardwood floors, says the company. The commercial-grade system offers high-durability tools and premium cleaners designed to hold up to daily use from job to job. Concentrates are available in a Tilt-N-Measure bottle that is concentrated 32:1 for easy mixing.
The Bona Commercial System includes:
- Ready-to-Use Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Hardwood Floor Cleaner Concentrate
- Ready-to-Use Hardwood Floor Winter Cleaner
- Hardwood Floor Winter Cleaner Concentrate
- 24″ Commercial System Mop Kit
- Durable, 24″-wide mop base
- Adjustable Press and Lock aluminum pole, 32″-52″
- 24″ Microfiber dusting and cleaning pads
Two easy steps to properly clean hardwood floors
When it comes to hardwood floors, using the right tools and cleaning products is the ticket to prolonging the life of the floors being serviced, and separates a facilities services provider from the competition. Creating clean and beautiful hardwood floors in a facility is an easy two-step process, says Bona:
- Dry dust the floor: Using a Bona dusting pad with the Bona Commercial System mop allows 50% more dirt and debris to be picked up with the specially designed long and short fibers and electrostatic charge. The low-profile design as well as the flared edge of the Bona Commercial System mop makes it easy to maneuver under and around furniture.
- Wet mop the floor: Lightly moisten the Bona cleaning pad with Bona Commercial System Hardwood Floor Cleaner, then spray a 5-8-foot area of the floor at a time. Using the Bona Commercial System mop and cleaning pad, keep the flared edge of the mop always facing forward, and work in an up-and-back motion with the grain of the floor. Continue to spray and mop across the floor, working in the direction of the exit.
Bona’s “Tips and Tricks:”
- Invest in furniture pads–they make moving furniture much easier, and prevent wood floors from getting scuffed.
- Dry dust daily to keep small dirt and debris particles off the floor and reduce the chance of scratches in the finish.
- Avoid using water, vinegar, oil-based and multi-purpose cleaners. By using Bona Commercial System Hardwood Floor Cleaner, which has been specially formulated for hardwood floors, the finish of the floor is protected while leaving it residue- and streak-free.
To learn more about the Bona Commercial System products, visit the Bona U.S. Web site.