by Brianna Crandall — December 10, 2018 — The Building Service Contractors Association International (BSCAI) recently announced the recipients of the BSCAI CLEAN Awards, which demonstrate excellence among building service contractors (BSCs) in a variety of categories. From new members to business leadership, all forms of distinction are acknowledged. Recipients were recognized at the recent BSCAI 2018 Contracting Success Conference in Dallas, Texas.
The BSCAI Cleaning for Health Award honors BSCs that have Cleaning for Health programs, a cleaning regiment that helps reduce the levels of allergens and asthma triggers in indoor environments. A Cleaning for Health program consists of policies, procedures and training that emphasizes the impact on the health of building occupants and staff in addition to equipment that reduces building contaminants and minimizes environmental impact.
Since 2015, the Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award has been given to companies who promote leaders from within their organizations and who demonstrate an overall commitment to growth and development by investing in education and training for their employees.
The Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award recognizes companies for their volunteer effort for charities and the community, and BSCAI makes a donation to a charity of the winner’s choice on their behalf.
Other company awards include the Safety Award (given to companies of all sizes with the best safety records), the Industry Service Award, the New Member of the Year Award, and the Image Award (given to companies in one of three size categories that have excelled in enhancing the image of their business).
In addition to company awards, BSCAI CLEAN Awards recognize individuals in the industry. The Building Service Employee of the Year Award honors BSC employees whose job performance, civic involvement and family role best exemplify qualities found in superior custodial employees.
The Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service is presented to a BSCAI member who has made outstanding contributions in furthering the programs and image of the association and the BSC industry, while the James E. Purcell Leadership Award, the most prestigious annual award, recognizes individuals of long-term service to the association and the industry.
While not an annual award, the BSCAI President’s Award distinguishes a member who has gone above and beyond during their term, awarded by the current BSCAI president.
BSCAI’s CLEAN Award recipients for 2018 are:
- 4M Building Solutions: BSCAI Cleaning for Health Award; Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award; Category D Safety Award; Large Company Image Award
- AffinEco, LLC: Category C Safety Award
- Beachland Cleaning Services: Category B Safety Award
- Bee Line Support, Inc.: Mid-Size Company Image Award
- BRAVO! Group Services: Category D Safety Award
- Cenplex Building Services, LLC: Category B Safety Award
- Diversified Maintenance: Category D Safety Award
- Enviro-Clean Services, Inc.: Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award; Category C Safety Award
- Janitronics Facility Services: Category C Safety Award
- Ohio Custodial Management: Category B Safety Award
- Puritan Commercial Cleaning & Services: Category A Safety Award
- SparkleTeam: New Member of the Year Award
- Tacony Corporation: Industry Service Award
- Janelle Bruland, CBSE, MSNW: James E. Purcell Leadership Award
- Parker Moore, CBSE, IH Services, Inc.: President’s Award
- Marlo Woolcott, ESS Clean, Inc.: Building Service Employee of the Year Award
- Yasser Youssef, The Budd Group: Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service
The Building Service Contractors Association International (BSCAI) represents a worldwide network of more than 1,000 member companies from across the United States and throughout the world that provide cleaning, facilities maintenance, security, landscaping and other related services to building owners and managers. The association provides contractor-specific educational programs, individual certifications, publications, a members-only purchasing program, seminars, industry data and research, and networking opportunities.