by Brianna Crandall — October 14, 2019 — Dreumex USA, a manufacturer of disinfecting wipes and industrial hand cleaners, recently announced that the company has added disinfecting wipes safe for food-contact surfaces to its product portfolio. Dreumex Food Contact Surface Disinfecting Wipes were created to destroy norovirus, E. coli and Shigella dysenteriae, along with other foodborne pathogens and viruses (10 pathogens and three viruses total). Dreumex points out that these three viruses have been in the news over the last few years, related to Chipotle, McDonalds, the 2018 Winter Olympics and the romaine lettuce outbreak across 36 states in the US.
Ashley Werner, marketing manager of Dreumex USA, explained:
With so much cross contamination in the food industry and outbreaks across the United States, we knew it made sense to develop a product that will guarantee foodborne bacteria and viruses on surfaces are destroyed. There are products out there that sanitize surfaces, but they can’t 100% kill the most prevalent bacteria, and they aren’t effective against viruses. We also wanted to continue providing efficiency and ease of use to those using the product. A wipe made sense, and what is even better than that? A no-rinse wipe.
Notable information about Dreumex Food Contact Surface Disinfecting Wipes:
- Wipes will disinfect surfaces such as dining tables and bars, door handles, beverage stations, electronics, touch POS systems, restaurant gaming and instant payment consoles and other high-contact surfaces.
- The no-rinse formula allows surfaces to be wiped and left to air dry, unlike other surface disinfectants that require a potable rinse before the surface is ready to use.
- No pre-cleaning or rinsing is necessary prior to use as required with sanitizing wipes for food-contact surfaces.
- Requires no personal protective equipment
- Does not contain bleach or ammonia
Food-service establishments, grocery stores, schools, institutions, industry and other facilities can easily implement Dreumex Food Contact Surface Disinfecting Wipes into workers’ daily routines to promote wellness and provide a safer environment for all, says the company.
For more information about Dreumex Food Contact Surface Disinfecting Wipes and a product video, visit the company’s website.