by Brianna Crandall — January 2, 2018 — Excel Dryer, manufacturer of energy-saving hand dryers, is presenting the Leading Edge Sustainable Stadium Design event along with D/13 on January 8, 2019, at 6:00 PM at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. Gillette Stadium is the home of the National Football League’s (NFL) New England Patriots team.
Excel says that attendees can:
- Earn a CEU credit that qualifies for 1.0 LU/HSW hour
- Hear from an expert panel of sustainable design leaders
- Network with top industry professionals
- Enjoy a private tour of Gillette Stadium
- Meet New England Patriots alumni
- Enjoy complimentary food and beverages
Expert panelists include:
- Scott Jenkins, general manager, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta Falcons/AMB Sports and Entertainment Group. Mercedes-Benz Stadium is the only LEED Platinum-certified sports arena in the country. Jenkins is also chair of the Green Sports Alliance.
- Chris DeVolder, managing principal, HOK. HOK is a sustainable design leader for the Sports + Recreation + Entertainment practice. DeVolder is also co-chair of the Green Sports Alliance Corporate Membership Network Steering Committee and the USGBC National LEED User Group for sports venue development.
- Summer Minchew, managing partner, Ecoimpact Consulting. Ecoimpact is a leading sustainability firm out of the nation’s capital. Minchew is also an active member of the US Green Building Council’s Carolinas Community where she serves as Market Leadership Advisory Board co-chair.
- Jim Nolan, chief operating officer, New England Patriots and Gillette Stadium. Gillette Stadium is home of the five-time Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and the New England Revolution. Nolan spearheaded over $100 million in stadium upgrades including the creation of a field-level end-zone club and a pavilion, business center and fantasy football lounge, among other improvements.
Excel and D/13 are said to be proud supporters of the AIA, IIDA, IAVM, USGBC, Stadium Managers Association, ASID and Green Sports Alliance.
For more information, visit the Leading Edge Sustainable Stadium Design event page.
For more FM-specific information on Excel’s product offerings, see the company’s FMLink page.