by Brianna Crandall — June 24, 2019 — GrayWolf, a manufacturer and supplier of advanced environmental instrumentation and technology worldwide, has just introduced a greatly enhanced version of its versatile cloud-based web application that can help facilities managers (FMs) keep track of their building’s data and get alerts when there is an issue. GrayWolfLive 3.0 users can access real-time and logged data from any of GrayWolf’s Wi-Fi enabled AdvancedSense meters, WolfPack monitors or WolfSense LAP tablet-based kits.
In addition, the company’s cutting-edge DirectSense II probes will soon offer an optional, installed WiFi card allowing for direct communication to most internet-connected devices via GrayWolfLive 3.0.
GrayWolf manufactures various advanced portable, semi-permanent and continuous monitoring instruments for your choice of measurements (from 2 up to 32 parameters simultaneously):
- Carbon monoxide
- Carbon dioxide
- Nitrogen dioxide
- Nitric oxide
- Sulfur dioxide
- Particulate (PM2.5, PM10, and more)
- Hydrogen sulfide
- Air velocity
- Differential pressure
- Relative humidity
- O2, H2, HCN, HCl, F2, ClO2 ….
- And several other parameters
GrayWolfLive 3.0 users can view measurement data on smartphones, iPads, tablets, laptops, PCs — just about any internet-connected device. GrayWolf employs Microsoft Azure servers for secure, reliable access to real-time and data-logged information.
Data may be displayed in various formats:
- “Live” Readings
- Single or multi-Y graphs
- Tabular data over defined periods (e.g. 8-hour, 24-hour, all-time)
Windows/tabs enable multiple display modes simultaneously, from multiple meters and/or probes.
Applications for GrayWolfLive 3.0 include:
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): Access cloud and instrument data from afar, whether viewing GrayWolf IAQ monitoring kits left for hours, days, weeks or continuously measuring key IAQ parameters, or even units that your test engineers are utilizing for spot-checks or walk-thru surveys. Logged readings and attached operator notes (audio, text, photos, etc.) are all easy to access.
- Green Buildings: Remotely check GrayWolf monitoring systems deployed in buildings undertaking LEED, WELL or other green building certifications to determine when TVOC, HCHO, CO, PM 2.5, PM10, O3 and/or other concentrations fall below target values. At that point, any additional air sampling that is required may be conducted and the GrayWolf equipment can be collected. Or utilize GrayWolfLive 3.0 to continuously monitor in buildings for ongoing maintenance options such as ARC Skoru. GrayWolfLive 3.0-generated gauges and graphs can be set up to display acceptable ranges for the green building protocol being employed.
- Industrial Hygiene (IH): Send alerts to your smartphone, or other internet accessible device, when toxic gas levels or other measured parameters exceed your defined levels. The alert message may be e-mailed, texted or (soon) via WhatsApp to multiple phones/devices. Or access logged data and attached text/audio/photo notes on any GrayWolf instrument deployed in the field.
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Facility Management (FM): Monitor differential pressure over time and send alarm alerts when negative pressure conditions occur, or when set points on GrayWolf instruments for air velocity/%RH/dewpoint/CO2/particulate/temperature or other parameters are exceeded.
- … and other applications.
For more information about GrayWolfLive 3.0 and the company’s other sensors and software, visit the GrayWolf website. The company’s products are used in manufacturing plants, high-rise buildings, hospitals, airports, shipboard, K-12 schools, universities, refineries and many other types of facilities.