by Brianna Crandall — March 21, 2018 — Interface, a worldwide modular flooring company and a global leader in sustainability, has just introduced its new global luxury vinyl tile (LVT) collection, Native Fabric, expanding its modular resilient flooring offerings. Native Fabric offers a modern take on the timeless grass cloth design in a variety of shades infused with a woven metallic threading, and is suitable for a multitude of settings including corporate office, hospitality, retail and education.
Native Fabric’s original artwork design conjures the look of traditional cloth made from woven sea grass strands and thin cotton thread, while also delivering the performance benefits of Interface LVT. Architects, designers, flooring dealers and end customers can install Interface’s modular system of LVT and carpet side-by-side, without transition strips.
Interface’s Sound Choice proprietary backing lowers vertical sound transfer floor to floor, making it ideal for environments where sound is a key consideration.
The collection is designed by Kari Pei, lead product designer at Interface, and was created to bring the warmth and grace of natural variation back into interiors in an easy-to-install, modular LVT. The collection marks the first woven LVT product designed in-house by Interface and is made to emulate depth, movement and softness.
Much like the fine strands of native grasses are woven together to make grass cloth, Native Fabric’s simplicity serves as an essential texture in modern interiors, adding contrast to the finishes that define these spaces. The design fuses woven-inspired art and deep colorings together through multiple layers of etchings and metallic touches, modernizing any look and complementing our modular carpet offerings.
Native Fabric provides corporate, hospitality, retail and education-focused projects unique elements that portray local, hand-crafted materials and artisan designs as well as easy installation and long-term management capabilities. In addition to its newest LVT, all of Interface’s LVT offerings feature the following design and performance attributes:
- Designed to match Interface’s Skinny Planks, coming together with a precise fit, allowing customers to pair hard and soft products together;
- Engineered to compatible height with Interface’s carpet tiles, providing the ability to effortlessly move from hard to soft flooring without transition strips;
- Created with Sound Choice proprietary backing (and certified by Quiet Mark) to meet acoustical sound requirements for reducing vertical sound transfer — ideal for K-12, higher education and other learning environments;
- Constructed with materials and recycling in mind, including a commitment to deliver Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) for all hard flooring products;
- Recyclable through Interface’s ReEntry program; and
- Backed by Interface’s 15-year commercial warranty.
The collection features neutral color palettes, including Bluegrass, Flax, Linen, Mulberry, Seagrass, Straw, Tatami and Twine. The eight unique colors can stand alone or pair with past Interface modular carpet, such as World Woven.
Native Fabric is available for purchase now in the Americas and will launch in the EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) region in the third quarter of 2018. To learn more about the Native Fabric collection, visit the Interface Web site.