by Brianna Crandall — July 8, 2020 — LUX Products, a Johnson Controls brand under its Building Technologies and Solutions division, recently announced the LUX CS1 Smart Thermostat. When paired with the LUX App, the LUX CS1 provides a variety of easy-to-use features for comfort, control and savings. The Energy-Star certified LUX CS1 is priced well below comparable thermostat models to make the benefits of smart technology even more accessible for building operators, says the company.
Rob Munin, general manager, Thermostats and Sensors at Johnson Controls and previously CEO of LUX Products, stated:
The LUX CS1 Smart Thermostat is all about accessibility. Its price point, approachable design and intuitive technology make it one of the most affordable, feature-packed smart thermostats on the market today. The LUX CS1 perfectly marries traditional thermostat functionality such as large digits with advanced features including geofencing powered by the LUX App. For smart technology beginners, it’s the perfect gateway to connected comfort, control and savings.
LUX Products is an innovator in indoor comfort. From manual to smart thermostats, the company’s range of technology is said to include a wide variety of well-designed and feature-appropriate thermostats for every setting and budget.
The LUX CS1 brings a new level of affordability to the LUX thermostat lineup and features these smart capabilities:
- Minimal setup: Flexible installation using either a Power Wire, C-wire or LUX Power Bridge; hook it up to wi-fi for a secure, reliable connection
- Intuitive design: Simple interface features a straightforward display including large digits, backlighting and easy access to temperature and scheduling settings
- Smart tech: Connects to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for hands-free control and voice activation; also works with IFTTT (If This Then That), enabling LUX CS1 users to create a unique internet of things (IoT) experience together with other mobile applications and devices.
- Smart app: Compatible with the LUX App to control temperature from anywhere, plus tap in to geofencing and smart scheduling for greater energy and cost savings
- Peace of mind: Custom alerts provide notifications about abnormal room temperature or filter replacement requirements
- Extensive compatibility: Designed for a wide range of heating and cooling systems to fit within most homes and buildings
Users can download the LUX App from their smart phone to monitor and adjust the LUX CS1 from anywhere, at any time. The app is compatible with the entire suite of LUX smart thermostats, including the LUX KONO and LUX GEO.
The user-friendly LUX App enhances smart thermostat capabilities thanks to these features:
- Always on: Monitor and adjust the thermostat’s temperature and settings from anywhere for 24/7 comfort, control and peace of mind.
- Energy savings: Home and Away Aware geofencing monitors occupancy and automatically makes energy-efficient adjustments.
- Cost savings: Smart scheduling, learning and adaptive tips and demand response programs — where available — provide potential savings.
- Multiple thermostat connectivity: Residences can connect up to 10 thermostats, and businesses can take advantage of unlimited connectivity within a single app.
Plus, users can look forward to the release of the new LUX App coming later this summer, adds the company. The new app will feature an enhanced user interface including personalized settings and smart features for energy and cost savings.
The LUX CS1 Smart Thermostat is available for purchase now at LuxProducts.com, BestBuy.com and local wholesalers. It will also be available soon at Amazon.com. Users can download the LUX App from the Apple App Store or Google Play.